Systematic development and application of modern educational resources.
“Equilingüism is the ability to use two languages fully and without interference in any situation. This level (of fluency) represents perfect bilingualism. ”
M. Halliday, A. McIntosh &
Equilinguism is the capacity to fully use two languages perfectly, without any obstacles and in any situation. This represents Perfect Bilingualism.
Bilingual Education is a process which cannot be improvised. It requires thorough preparation of the child at an early age, an equal distribution of time and academic content during Primary School and careful preparation for entrance to University during Secondary and Baccalaureate.
A perfect balance during each cycle’s programme is the only method which will lead to success in the Spanish Curriculum as well as in the English Programme.
Educación Bilingüe Equitativa
Our results, in both External P.A.U. and Cambridge Exams, as well as our pupil’s success at University and in their corresponding professional areas in the outside world, is proof of the success of our 30 year long project in equilinguism.
We are an Educational Institution with 30 years of experience. We strive to fully prepare our students in all areas. We offer education in Reception, Primary, Secondary and Baccalaureate.
Our aim is that all students who finish their studies with us will go on to University as knowledgeable and well-balanced people. They will have a well-rounded background; a firm command of English and a third language (French or German). Sport will be an important part of their lives; they will be trained in computer technology and art; and they will have study and work habits acquired at our centre, enabling them to be admitted to and complete any university course with the highest probabilities of success.
For the last 30 years, Brains has carried out a method of Bilingual Education based on an equilinguist philosophy which guarantees our student’s success. In order to achieve this, we employ a range of specific resources:
- > Distribution of hours in English and Spanish according to the objectives corresponding to each age group:
- ONLY ENGLISH SPOKEN. 100% English up to 6 years old. British educational model with two teachers in each class up to 6 years old. (Moraleja, Lombillo and Orgaz) Students understand both languages, read and write at 5 years old.
- 50% ONLY ENGLISH SPOKEN PERIODS. 50% English-Spanish up to 12 years old. Bilingual pupils at spoken and written level. We guarantee native teachers in all subject areas taught in English.
- 33% OF ENGLISH DURING SCHOOL HOURS AND AN ADDITIONAL 30% (optional from Secondary in a language laboratory). Pupils prepared for Cambridge exams and an optimum performance in P.A.U.
- > A thorough selection process of teachers is carried out annually in England and Ireland. We are rigorous as regards the teachers’ qualifications such as, Bachelor of Education or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (U.K for Primary Education) and continuous formation. The best academic preparation of our students is guaranteed by the high standards we demand of our staff. Native teachers in all English taught subjects.
- > I+D. Continuous development and application of modern educational resources. 100% adaptation to ICTs. New technology in all classrooms. Excellent sports facilities, labs, multimedia classrooms, multi-purpose rooms, etc.
- > Cooperative learning and meticulous Education in Values. We form disciplined, responsible, empathetic people with leadership qualities and the capacity to work in a team. Importance is also placed on developing pupils’ emotional intelligence.
- > Daily sport is one of the main pillars in our students’ education.
- > DIP. To guarantee the correct application of these resources, Brains has a Department of Investigation and Pedagogy, an independent body which audits, supervises and guarantees educational excellence at all times.