IB offers stimulating and unique education programmes proven to have a lasting effect in students’ lives. These students become adults with outstanding critical and analytical thinking skills, communication skills and an open mentality. Learn more about the IB school organisation and the main characteristics of its learning model.
IB fosters intercultural understanding and respect, not at as an alternative to the sense of national and cultural identity, but as a main aspect of life in the 21st century. All these goals are picked up in their statement of principles:
- The International Baccalaureate aims to develop supportive, well-rounded and knowledgeable learners who, recognising their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world.
- To reach this goal, the organisation works hand-in-hand with schools, governments and international organisations to create and develop challenging international education programmes and a rigorous assessment methodology.
- These programmes encourage students from all over the world to adopt an active learning attitude throughout their whole lives, to be compassionate and to accept the opinion of others despite their differences.
Primary Years Programme (PYP)
This programme is aimed at students aged 3-12. Students in PYP (known in Spanish as PEP) stand out for their researcher profile and their interest in keeping informed. They are sensible, audacious, open-minded and great communicators.
The main objective of this programme is to achieve a balance between the knowledge, conceptual comprehension, personal attitude and responsible actions the students have acquired.
For further information on the Primary Year Programme (PYP) we offer at Brains International School, do not hesitate to contact us.
IB Diploma Programme (DP)
The International Baccalaureate or IB Diploma Programme (DP) is recognised by the most prestigious universities in the world and is aimed at students aged 16-18. Its main objective is to help students acquire breadth and depth of knowledge, allowing them to become intellectually and emotionally prepared in order to build a better world.
The DP is based on research, concept understanding, teamwork and efficient cooperation. It develops in local and global contexts, is aimed towards meeting all students’ needs and follows a formative and summative assessment.
For further information on the IB Diploma Programme we offer at Brains International School, do not hesitate to contact us.
IB 2022 Grades
We’ve gotten some amazing grades!
Our International Baccalaureate students from Course 21/22 of Brains María Lombillo and Brains La Moraleja above the world average!
- Brains María Lombillo: 36,47
- Brains La Moraleja: 34,44
Very proud of the effort you have made.
Congratulations to all!
If you want to work with us, click here