The wide range of Education services in the Brains Group encourages a personalised education for each of our students.
It is both the school’s responsibility and the students’ right that their educational needs are met throughout their school life. Brains offers the necessary measures and resources for our students to develop their potential, personal and social well-being.
The Guidance Department’s main objective is to guide and support our students in situations related to their evolutionary, social-emotional and academic development, especially during moments of change or personal crisis. This means working consistently and alongside families and tutors/teachers. The EGD also supports teachers and helps them improve their knowledge on personal resources, active listening skills, empathy, finding strategies and approaches to conflict resolution, getting involved with all their students and becoming drivers of both change and personal growth.
The Plan de Atención a la Diversidad (Diversity Awareness Programme) promotes all the necessary strategies, measures and available resources to face the different levels of curricular competence, skills, learning styles, motivation or specific situations due to the international nature of our schools. As a result, we ensure our students can achieve a proper education suited to each of their circumstances.
Diversity Awareness Measures for all students
- Multiple Intelligences awareness. Project-based Learning. Units of Inquiry. Cooperative Learning.
- Divided classrooms. English Plus. Classroom support (two teachers).
- Extracurricular activities
- Teacher training
Measures aimed at students with learning difficulties
- Individualised remedial education
- Academic support in class
- Individualised Curricular Adaptation (…). Individualised Education Programme
- Speech Therapy
- Brain Training Gym
- Remedial education as an alternative to a 3rd or 4th foreign language.
Measures aimed at students recently introduced to the bilingual system
- English immersion programme. Spanish immersion programme
- Foreign integration and support programmes
- Individualised Curricular Adaptation
- Peers Tutoring. Mentoring (Big Brother / Big Sister)
Measures aimed at gifted and talented students
- School programme adaptation
- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced English
- Enrichment projects
- OPEN CLASSROOM project on Social and Natural Science Research.
Measures aimed at students’ personal circumstances or school record (ECOPHE)
- Individualised support to manage disruptive behaviour in school.
- Individualised intervention by the EGD.
Our personalised relationship with families is a key factor in our education project. We constantly work on maintaining a healthy and fluid relationship with families and gaining mutual trust. The availability and proximity of tutors, counsellors and management teams is aimed at attending, guiding and accompanying the families in different issues regarding psychoemotional, academic and educational development for their children. This provides support for them in times of difficulty or crisis, seeking collaboration in order to find answers to the students’ educational needs.
Families in school
In our Families in school sessions, led by our own Educational Guidance team, we work on resources and personal skills to build positive, family-life dynamics that can boost our children’s integral development so they can become autonomous, confident, strong and especially happy people. Our main objectives are:
- Helping parents understand their children’s and their own emotions.
- Learning to express and handle emotions correctly, accepting our feelings.
- Developing and strengthening both the parents and the children’s self-esteem.
- Understanding children and their behaviour, both individually and in their social environment.
- Developing active listening, empathy and assertive communication.
- Learning to set limits and resolving conflict in a positive way.
- Providing resources to achieve emotional well-being and learning to live positively.
Plan de acción tutorial (Tutorial action plan)
The main role of the Educational Guidance Department is to develop, coordinate and play an active role in the Values and Emotional Intelligence Programme. This programme is part of the Tutorial Action Plan that takes place throughout the different educational stages and includes:
- Getting to know and believe in yourself. Understanding others. Recognising and expressing emotions and ideas (self-esteem, empathy, expression of emotions, etc.)
- Developing self-control. Learning to make responsible decisions. Valuing and looking after your health (self-control, decision-making, health and values).
- Enhancing your social skills. Problem-solving and avoiding conflict (interaction skills, assertiveness and self-affirmation).
Some activities aimed at reaching these goals include:
- Mindfulness practical lessons
- Class assemblies
- Sex and relationships education
- Drug abuse prevention
- Responsible use of ICTs and social networks
- Education for Equality and Preventing Gender-based Violence
- KIVA (a programme to solve and prevent bullying)
Our schools offer a speech therapy service, a discipline that includes analysing, preventing, evaluating, diagnosing and treating speech-language pathologies expressed through voice, speech, communication and orofacial functions disorders. Our speech therapists are specialised in:
- Speech difficulties
- Language literacy difficulties
- Learning difficulties
- Orofacial myofunctional disorders: swallowing, breathing, malocclusion